I wanted to have a place where I can share some of my favorite recipes, so here you go! I have recently jumped onto the Instant Pot bandwagon and I am obsessed with it! I will be experimenting over the next few weeks and sharing the recipes that I love the most. I also use Quest Nutrition products (because I love them) and will share some things that I have used their protein powders for. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Apple Crisps
For the filling:
• 4 cups of diced Honeycrisp or Pink Lady Apples
• 2 tsp honey
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp lemon juice
• 1/2 tsp lemon zest
For the crisp topping:
• 2/3 cup of Old Fashioned Oats
• 1/3 cup of almond flour (I grind my own by just putting almonds in my food processor)
• 9 pecans, chopped
• 1/4 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 2 1/2 T of honey
• 4 tsp of coconut oil, melted
For the drizzle:
• 1 scoop of Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder
• Enough water to make it the consistency you want.
1. Mix honey, cinnamon, lemon zest and lemon juice with diced apples. Set aside.
2. For the crisp topping, whisk honey with the melted coconut oil. Mix oats, pecans, almond flour, cinnamon and salt together, then stir in the honey and coconut oil.
3. Place apples in ramekins or other oven safe dish of your choice. Top evenly with crisp topping.
4. Add one cup of water to the steel insert of the Instant Pot, then place trivet insert in. Lay ramekins on top of trivet. It's ok to stack them like I did if you need to. **If you want to cook the apple crisp right in the steel inner pot, just add 1/2 cup of water to the pot, then add apples followed by the crisp topping.
5. Set Instant Pot for 7 minutes. After cooktime, do a quick release.
6. In the meantime, preheat oven to broil.
7. When it's safe to remove ramekins from the Instant Pot, place them on a cookie sheet into a square and place under the broiler. Watch them carefully, and remove just as the crisp topping starts to brown.
8. Let the Apple Crisp sit and cook for around ten minutes before eating.
9. For the drizzle, just mix the protein powder and water. Drizzle evenly over Apple Crisp.
Kodiak Cakes/Quest Protein Waffles
1 Scoop of Quest Nutrition Salted Caramel Protein Powder
1 Cup of Kodiak Cakes Power Cakes Protein Waffle Mix
1 1/4 cups of water
1 tsp of Canola oil (you can use other oils if you prefer)
Whisk all ingredients together and cook in a waffle maker. Easy! You can also add a salted caramel glaze to them by mixing a small amount of the protein powder with some water to create a glaze. Drizzle it over the waffles before serving.
I keep mine refrigerated and warm them up in the morning for breakfast.